Newspaper is the best way to craft green and recycle!! So we under the guidance of Prof. Ellen Do crafted a shelter from newspapers…..
Excited to build one !! see the instructions below (pitfalls of the structure are also mentioned. So learn the lesson completely)..
Things You will Need..
- 10-12 Newspaper sheets
- Pair of Scissors
- Roll the sheet of paper into a tightly wound tube to make a pillar.
- Tape the free edges to make a log
- Make four pillars of equal sizes
making of pillar…
- To make the roof combine two sheets of papers and form a square.
- Cut the root from center if you want to have a sunroof in your house and also to make the structure more stable.
making of roof…
- Begin the foundation by placing the bottom part of paper logs (pillars) at one point on the surface and diverging them outwards while going towards the top.
- Create the peak by cutting the paper log tubes to desired length.
- Put tape on the top of pillars with sticky part outside to attach the roof
- Attach roof on top of pillars
making of foundation..
Tips and Warnings
- Make the pillars strong and roll the paper tightly
- Make the roof as light as possible, because finally it has to rest on the pillars that are also formed by thin paper.
Piece of Art By:
Lina Alaoui, Richard Shemaka, Himani Manglani, Simon Ferrari